Senior Product Manager
3 months ago
Who we are?
Here at Focused Labs, we are a small, select, software development team that wants to improve the world of software engineering through excellence. We take a unique approach to deliver products to market quickly while meeting the business and customer needs of our clients.
- Listen first -
we are experts when it comes to software, but life long learners in the domain of our customers. We listen, collaborate, and iterate closely with our clients.
- Learn why -
we are deeply invested in the outcomes of our clients and apply our expertise to make wise technology decisions with them.
- Love your craft -
we love programming and the craft of software engineering.
What would you be doing?
- Facilitate client demos, weekly planning meetings, and other team touchpoints
- Run workshops for clients, including project scopings and project kick-offs
- Collaborate closely with customers to solve problems that are core to their business and build an impactful product
- Define a product strategy, vision and outcome focused roadmap that solves real problems and creates value for clients
- Manage and prioritize a backlog that keeps the team on track, delivering value towards a client’s vision
- Work with designers to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Monitor and communicate project health, which includes managing risks
- Confidently facilitate conversations with clients and key stakeholders
- Define and track success metrics; leverage data to make informed decisions
- Pair with teammates and clients to build software and continuously grow together
- Master the right tools for the problems at hand. We do what is right for our clients and what makes us effective.
- Collaborate and learn from teammates who are just as excited about software as you are
Why are we excited about you?
- You have managed an Agile backlog and lead a development team to turn business opportunities into working software solutions
- You can quickly dive into a problem space, assess the situation, understand goals and drive towards productive outcomes
- You are comfortable creating basic wireframes or user flows
- You can break down complex problems into actionable steps
- You are focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems
- You have experience with lean, and user centered design methodologies
- You value collaboration as a core tool for finding pragmatic and simple solutions to complex real-world problems
- You are always learning, always improving, and are interested in helping others do the same
- You are comfortable working with non-technical stakeholders and are comfortable participating in daily meetings with clients
If you had worked at Focused Labs over the last 3 months you may have
- Launched a new Membership sign up flow on an existing client website
- Paired with engineers to define scope and priorities
- Suggested and scoped new sets of work with an existing client
- Tested a mobile app for release to the Play and Apple stores
- Worked with a client to scope and begin building a quick turnaround high priority project
- Helped our company create a new internal wiki
- Helped our company define a Parental Leave Policy
- Played Codenames with the team over happy hour
- Written this job req
What to know before you apply:
cused Labs is open to remote employees and all of our teams, regardless of location, work around the core hours of 8:30 - 5:30 CST
- Focused Labs is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of the employment Visa process at this time
We believe employees should be paid fairly and equitably. Salary ranges may vary depending on your location and previous experience. The Chicago salary range for this role is: $100,000 - $150,000.